- Under Event Espresso, click Event Overview
- Click Add New Event
- Fill out Title, Unique Event Identifier and Event Description
- Unique Event Identifier can be anything – it seems to get a random number added to the end anyway
- Event Description is just like creating a page for a class. Put any details about the class here.
- Enter Dates/Times
- Registration Start/End: These are the dates that registration is open. Probably have it start “today” and have it end the day before the class
- Registration Times you can leave blank
- Event Start Date/End Date: you want to enter the day of the class. Not sure how to handle multiple dates that are not contiguous.
- Start and End Times: enter the time the class runs. Again, I’m not sure about multi-day events with different start times.
- Add event pricing. You can change the name of the standard price (Per Person, etc) I don’t think surcharge would be used.
- Change attendee limit (if you have a maximum for a class)
- Select if you want them to enter address info (It will always ask for first/last/email/phone). Just check or uncheck the box next to address.
- Create the event
- Get the link to put on the schedule page
- From the Event Overview page, edit the event (you can click on the event name)
- Click Short URL
- Copy the url in the popup
Here is a link to that event: Making Cordage for Fun and Profit